Listening: Ethical Dilemmas with Self-driving Cars
Take a look at these words and look up the ones you don’t understand. Ask your teacher questions, too.
Next, read the script while listening. Try to find the answers to these questions.
- What did the chef do?
- Why did he say he wanted to do it?
- What were the good qualities (things) about it?
- What were the bad qualities (things) about it?
Next, discuss the issue and the chef’s solution.
- What do you think about the chef’s solution?
- Have you ever tried a veggie burger? How was it? How was it similar and different to a beef burger?
- What do you know about the topic of climate change?
- What do you think about climate change? Do you think it is caused by humans?
- What is the environmental impact of livestock farming? What areas of livestock farming impact the environment the most and why?
- What do you think about these environmental impacts of livestock farming? Is it a problem? Should something be changed?