Get to Know You Games
Only One New Member
If everyone knows each other, have everyone introduce each other (not themselves).
Guess the Question Game
This is a great activity whenever you interact with a new group. It is also a great opportunity to touch on the difference between content and yes/no questions. Remember yes/no questions begin with a verb such as “do” or “is,” while content questions (what we will be using for this activity) use “who,” “what,” “where,” “when,” “how,” and “why.”
How to play:
- Everyone writes down one answer to a question about them which most people don’t know.
- Everyone guesses the question which goes with the answer.
- Example: Yellow, eleven, pasta
The questions would be:
- What is your favorite color?
- How many countries have you been to?
- What is one of your least favorite foods?
The “question” students might give could be correct, but not what was intended. Let them know that, but unfortunately you were looking for a different “question.”
For example, the question for answer two could be something like, “How old is your sister?” but it isn’t. Encourage your students to be unique and choose something they don’t like or is otherwise atypical or unknown about them.